Monthly Archives: March 2012
Online Recovery Support – Episode 150
On this weeks show I respond to an email from a listener that offered some criticism about our program and someone else’s mail sending us some Love.
- “Compound pharmacies”, what they do, and how they can help in the treatment of addiction.
- Naltrexone’s many uses including low dose, ultra low dose, regular dose, and the use of Narcan.
- 12 signs of the awakening your Divinity, (or your Spiritual development) including physical symptoms, crying, intense dreams, loneliness, loss of passion, and a longing to go home.
- This and more on episode of Online Recovery Support episode 150.
New Brené Brown Video: Listening to shame
Online Recovery Support – Episode 149
- What the day after St. Patrick’s day means to me.
- When is it time to go to treatment?
- Surrender vs. giving up or quitting.
- How the pain of chemical dependency can be a gift of for healing.
- Look for the messengers and teachers in your life.
- Tears, and, “who loves you?”
Online Recovery Support – Episode 148
This week on ORS Radio I review a report/study that focussed on the use of LSD in the treatment of alcoholism.
- Expanded states of consciousness and the cumulative effects of meditation vs. chemicals.
- Changing your own body’s chemistry. Change you Brain, Change Your Life, Dr. Daniel Amen.
- What do I meditate about? “Problems” vs. feelings and “talking” to your feelings.
- Trying vs. allowing. Patience, compassion, Love.
- Request for feedback. Shall I do a show all about 2012??
This and more on episode 148, join us!!
ITunes and gratitude…….
Thanks to all of you, we are currently ranked #131 out of more than 9500 podcasts in the “Health” section of ITunes, placing us in the top 1.5%!
My deepest gratitude for all the support.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 147
I felt really good about this weeks show, which starts with an explanation of the work of Dr. Art. Rosengarten and his use of The Tarot in Psychology. More information about Art’s work is available @ www.moonlightcounseling.com
- Congruence vs. incongruence and how it relates to the work of Dr. Brene Brown, and Michael Brown’s book, The Presence Process.
- Honesty, and how it can (at times) be very difficult in recovery.
- Trauma, honesty, and taking the time to be real about it.
- What is normal?
- Helping others and a review of Steps Eleven and Twelve.
- Speaking up at meetings with authenticity and integrity.
- A review of Shamanism, Soul Loss, PTSD, and how ancient healing methods can be an incredibly effective “modern” tool. I also examine the effectiveness of doing a “trauma list” and reintegrating those “lost” aspects of our Soul complex.
This and more on episode 147 of ORS Radio.
For those with an interest or affinity for The Tarot
For those of you who are interested in how Psychology and Tarot are brilliantly connected and how it might compliment your ongoing recovery, I recommend the work of Dr. Art Rosengarten. I recently spent part of an evening with Dr. Rosengarten and was rewarded with something deeply satisfying and complimentary to my journey into 2012.
As an introduction I listened to Art’s interview on Coast to Coast AM Radio (www.coasttocoastam.com) and found him to be exceptionally grounded and gifted in both the arts and the sciences. For those of you that are led, Art receive’s my endorsement as a gifted individual that can help add depth to your recovery process in a way you may not have considered.
Art’s book explains his work and The Tarot in more detail if you would prefer to read before contacting him. You can find it at www.amazon.com/Tarot-Psychology-Arthur-Ph-D-Rosengarten/dp/1557787840, or contact Art directly at www.moonlightcounseling.com
Best to all,