Online Recovery Support Podcast - Join Kurt Swensen every Wednesday for an all new episode.
We are a self supported broadcast that could use and would appreciate your donation if you find what we do helpful to your healing process. Please click here to contribute.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 238
Pain, triggers, and trauma, that presented for people during the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Cellular memory.
- The elephant in the living room
- React or respond?
- Stored emotions in our bodies.
- Emotions as a defense mechanism.
This and more on this weeks show with my thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 237
On this weeks show I begin with a sharing of a reminder that sometimes, while “in the eye of the storm” we lose our focus and direction and go into survival mode. A few ideas of how to reclaim your power and perspective.
- Whats mine, whats not.
- What is the true source of my security? Whats does security really bring me?
- More on vulnerability and asking for help when we need it.
- Step 12 and “Giving because its what we do and returning what has been given to me.”
- Repressing our feelings and the results of that effort.
- The most popular question of the last two weeks has been “Why is all this stuff happening?”
- Medicating our feelings or,not.
- A review of how to deal with the holidays and all the “material that comes up when we are around our family members.
Happy Holidays to all of you that celebrate Thanksgiving and best wishes for a safe and sober celebration.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 236
On this weeks show I share a powerful story of recovery that takes multiple “turns” including prison, success, healing issues, motivating others, relapse and repeats. An amazing story that continues………
- A trip down memory lane to my old job at Hooper Detox.
- A story about Schizophrenia, Blackouts, and brain chemistry.
- Methamphetamine, Molly, MDA, MMDA.
- Don’t forget how sensitive your brain chemistry is.
- When loss turns to desperation. Our quest for relief.
- Keeping our egos in check, or humility.
- When we fall, we have many choices, or, how to deal with relapse.
- Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly. http://brenebrown.com
- This is a difficult time of the year for many, I spend some time talking about the holidays.
This and more on ORS 236 with my gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 235
This weeks show is almost entirely devoted to Healing Your Life, based on the book and the movie of the same name produced by Hay House Publishing. The movie features people like Dr. Wayne Dyer, Esther Hicks, Gregg Braden, and of course, Louise.
What I found interesting was that almost all of the individuals featured in the movie have lived through and grown from deep pain and discomfort. It reminded me of what we have talked about on the show many times and was deeply motivating and encouraging.
The following is just short list of what I review on the show.
- Your Inner Voice.
- Thoughts Become Things.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 234
- A blog recommendation/review of The Sober Journalist.
- A reminder of The Lost Episodes.
- You can’t force anyone to change but yourself. A codependency review with an example…..
- Is a situation sometimes too broken to fix?
- Early recovery and the sugar cravings that sometimes come with it.
- Sometimes, inpatient is the only answer, but there are great advantages to outpatient. A brief review of the two.
- Clean and sober is just the first step…..
- The timing of our step work, or when do I do what?
- This and more on this weeks show.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 233
This week on ORS Radio.
- Post surgical medications and potential problems that can arise with your physician or surgeon.
- Titration techniques, compound pharmacies, and alternative methodologies.
- PTSD or Trauma? Signs and symptoms to be aware of.
- The examination of my Inner Self.
- What helps me heal and what postpones my healing.
- How the 12 steps are very therapeutic.
This and more on this weeks show. Thank you for joining us.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 232
This week on ORS 232
- The Way of St. James, or Camino De Santiago.
- Faith, trust, and how we are provided for.
- Lack and limitation.
- It always works out, we just don’t know how.
- The full moon and the eclipse.
- Stepping into what we don’t want too see.
- Lunch with Josh and his great adventure.
This and more on ORS 232 with my gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 231
- What are we responsible for?
- What are we creating?
- Changing our experience.
- Claiming your life and letting go.
- Living from your Soul.
- Who is the student and who is the teacher?
- What am I hear to learn?
- Stage two/three recovery, or, what comes after I get clean?
This and more on this weeks show, with my gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 230
Questions and answers from listeners. Like Why am I sleeping so much?
- A review of some of the fundamentals of recovery.
- Finding time for yourself.
- Nourishing your Soul before sleeping.
- A quote from Esther Hicks.
- Do you really Love you?
- How the past impacts our now.
- What have I not fully resolved?
- Give Up All Other Worlds Except The One To Which You Belong.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 229
Happy Birthday and Congratulations to Paul!!
- Much gratitude to our friend Stuart.
- PTSD, or not? A list of some of the actual symptoms.
- Adaptation or denial?
- The importance of Meditation.
- The Exquisite Risk.
- Trauma and cellular memory.
- How I “worked” with my dentist.
- Have your voice.
This and more on Episode 229 with my gratitude.