Online Recovery Support Podcast - Join Kurt Swensen every Wednesday for an all new episode.
We are a self supported broadcast that could use and would appreciate your donation if you find what we do helpful to your healing process. Please click here to contribute.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 285
This week we look at trauma and what a Shaman would call “Soul Loss”.
- How our bodies deal with deep trauma.
- What “qualifies” as trauma?
- Are dissociative disorders a result of trauma?
- Dr. Carl Jung’s Individuation process.
- More from Dr. Hank Wesselman www.sharedwisdom.com
- Discover your Soul!
- Understanding the different aspects” of our being and reintegrating them if they become lost.
- More about the brilliance of Robin Williams.
- The Blessing, and/or the curse?
- Being an addict and /or an alcoholic can be an amazing thing.
Download at Kurt’s site or subscribe through iTunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 284
On this weeks show we we revisit synthetic marijuana.
The different ways we avoid our feelings and issues.
What are we trying ti avoid or deny?
Do you feel content?
Codependency, enmeshment, control, escape,, denial, and the lack of self care.
The difference between what I do, and whatI am.
Karma, and accepting where I am in my process.
The different mechanisms we have for coping.
Interrupting the pain cycle.
Authenticity, honesty, honor, and integrity.
This and more with our gratitude. Subscribe at iTunes or download at www.kurtswensen.com
Online Recovery Support – Episode 283
Some of the more common issues that I see/hear about in my work.
- Carrying pain and emotional discomfort in our bodies.
- Dependency and addiction as a method of avoidance.
- Facing our issues no matter how acute the trauma.
- Exposure to trauma at an early age and how we cope then, and later.
- A story of back surgery turning into heroin addiction.
- “Busy” as a tool of avoidance.
- A review of Brene Brown’s work on shame and vulnerability.
Download at www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe through iTunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 282
Its not just chemical dependency!!
- Childhood trauma and abuse, and, we picked our parents??
- Parents as teachers.
- How addictions cover and mask our pain and suffering.
- What is the pain that is underneath our addiction and behaviors?
- Avoidance of step four work.
- Listening, to ourselves, others, and especially our intuition.
- Using our speech as a way of controlling others.
- More on Ray Donovan.
- Another horror story about Ultram (tramadol).
Download from Kurt’s site or subscribe through ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 281
On this weeks show we celebrate Paul’s Birthday and wish him many more, and my gratitude for the financial support that has been provided.
The rest of the show is devoted to “The Still Small Voice”, our Intuition, our connection with The Universe, and most of all, how to listen, trust, and act.
- What should we do for episode 300??
- Tapping into higher realms of consciousness.
- You are more than your physical self. Don’t forget!!
- You don’t have my answer.
- Processing or healing, not venting.
Download from www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe at ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 280
- A review of Tramadol and its use in pain management and some misunderstandings about its addictive potential. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol
- Tramadol is referred to as an atypical opioid, so use caution when withdrawing.
- A quick mention of the frequent mistake in mis-prescribing Toradol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketorolac, instead of Tramadol.
- Spirituality “vs.” Religion. Some of the differences between the two in recovery work.
- Prayer or meditation. What’s the difference?
- Being angry at religion and missing some great recovery concepts.
- Another awesome show on Showtime that does a great job honoring recovery, abuse, trauma, and denial. Check out Ray Donovan!! http://www.sho.com/sho/ray-donovan/home
- More on “Letting go.”
- This and more on episode 280 with our gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 279
This weeks show is a little different than usual. Not our typical “dependency recovery” show, more of what happens in “real life.”
- What is “given me to do?” Distinguishing the difference while incorporating recovery concepts.
- Practicing staying out of our egos and not judging others.
- Lifelong wounding and the residual scaring.
- Staying out of other peoples journey.
- Using the 12 steps in all areas of our lives.
- “Perfection” exists even when we can’t seem to find it. What to do?
- More benefits of meditating.
- Listening to whats in the silence.
- More about sugar in the recovering persons diet.
This and more on episode 279 with our thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 278
On this weeks show we start with a brief review of the ER4YT blood type diet. http://www.dadamo.com This is one of my favorite health related books.
- A short story about the many of the lives that have been lost to alcoholism since I graduated from high school.
- Repeat “treatment” experiences.
- The fear of getting help.
- Some “Intimacy” definitions and misunderstandings.
- More on intimacy and vulnerability and a reminder to check out Brene Brown’s material.
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Expectations and judgment.
- Be real!!
- This and more on this weeks show.
Download @ www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe @ ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 277
On this weeks show we start with a warning about a relative new medication called Zohydro, which is time release hydrocodone.
- One detox or two? A short review of subutex, suboxone, buprenorphine.
- Ayahuasca. Spiritual journey? Abusable? Getting high? Is it safe?
- Marcus and LSD.
- DMT, Dimethyltryptamine.
- Listen to your body!
- The “cold and flu season”. Remember, “Thoughts become things.”
Subscribe at ITunes or download at www.kurtswensen.com
Online Recovery Support – Episode 276
On this weeks show…….
- Coincidence, serendipity. or???? What’s real in our lives?
- Are you willing to deeply and profoundly trust in someone else, or, in life itself?
- Living in the flow of life.
- What’s hidden in our life that we don’t see but is there just the same. What are we missing because we are not trusting?
- More on catastrophic thinking and auto pilot disaster programming that most of us have grown up with.
- My new addiction and wondering if recovery is really possible. Popsicles??
- Are “rules” real, or do we just make them up?
- “It”, no matter what “it” is, always works out. We don’t know how, but if stay patient it always comes.
Subscribe at iTunes or download at www.kurtswensen.com