Online Recovery Support Podcast - Join Kurt Swensen every Wednesday for an all new episode.
We are a self supported broadcast that could use and would appreciate your donation if you find what we do helpful to your healing process. Please click here to contribute.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 251
On this weeks show we say thanks toTerri, then talk depression and anxiety.
University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Chess program. http://chess2.wisc.edu/chess/projects/Consortium_FirstChoice.aspx and the importance of technology and data in recovery.
- Hows your blood pressure?
- Trusting in what your body is telling you.
- Dealing with “challenging” developmental histories.
- Coping, when life becomes really uncomfortable.
- The pressure of keeping “secrets.”
- The real life benefits of simply being honest.
This and more on ORS 215 with our thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 250
On this weeks show we celebrate our 250th episode with more hospital stories, but start with “When does it become addiction?”
- Quality of life and does “it” cause YOU discomfort?
- Honesty and a challenge or experiment you might like to try.
- Letting go or It is what it is!
- More on meetings and when its time for a change.
- Meetings that are “Purpose Driven.”
This and more on #250 with our gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 249
On this weeks show we say goodby to a very dear friend.
- Being in the hospital!
- Pain meds.
- Surrendering into the experience.
Download from iTunes or www.kurtswensen.com
Online Recovery Support – Episode 248
The Great Adventure, forced quiet, and absolutely beautiful here in Portland during our recent snowstorm. Absolutely majestic!
- Taking time off, sitting quietly and meditating……….
- Tramadol’s benefits in addiction medicine along adjunctive medications and new treatments for opiate addiction.
- Another caution about Kratom. Please contact me with questions!!
- After tons of emails I present more on forgiveness, true forgiveness.
Join us for this and more on ORS 248!!
Online Recovery Support – Episode 247
This weeks show focusses mostly on the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- I talk a bit about heroin addiction but also the deep emotional pain that comes with the life in addiction.
- The brilliant gift of sensitivity, or, the Blessing and the Curse.
- A response to a listeners inquiry.
This and more on this weeks show.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 246
On ORS 246 a review of William H. Macy portrayal of an alcoholic on Showtime’s, Shameless. Late stage alcoholism, codependency, drug abuse and all the dynamics that come with the chemically dependent family. An amazing show.
- The work of Dr. Jill; Taylor and her amazing eight year recovery.
- A review of neuroplasticity.
- Brain recovery.
- A review of Karma and its relationship to the 12 steps.
This and more on this weeks show, with our thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 245
“I can’t figure out what is being given me to do!”
- Intellect vs. my soulful truth. What am I really looking for?
- More on step 3 and 11.
- Anger, ego, hurt, sad, fearful, and, whats at the core?
- Congruence from a feelings perspective.
- The power of Prayer and meditation in recovery.
- Our “normal” state.
- Chronic relapse. Some of the causes, fears, tools.
This and more the is weeks show, with our thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 244
Herbs, Kombucha, detox, herbal cleansing, some things to look out for and some cautionary considerations.
- “What’s this here to teach me?” “What am I hear to learn?” “How do I grow form this?”
- We don’t always get to know “the how.”
- “Normal” is a good thing.
- Meet Chad, A story about choices…….
- Anger as motivation. Is this a good thing?
This and more on ORS 244 with our thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 243
On this weeks show I share a tool that may be useful for tracking your recovery and helping you stay in touch with your progress.
- Are you satisfied and happy with the quality of your life?
- The “Battle” against opiate addiction and the enabling medical community.
- Where I start/stop and you start/stop. How is this important?
- Respecting and honoring another persons process as they heal.
- A model for the appropriate sharing of our feelings. I FEEL __________Thats it!!
- A short talk about Epistemology, or, how do I know what I know?
This and more on episode 243, with our thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 242
On this weeks show……..
- Probiotics and your immune system during the cold and flu season.
- Listening to the “still small voice” within, and more on whats being given us to do.
- Internal Dialogue.
- An update on the adult onset mental illness story from a couple months ago.
- Golas, resolution, and intention.
- What happens when we get lost in the story.
- Codependency and enabling.
- “So your a friend of Bill W’s.”
Happy New Year to all.