Online Recovery Support Podcast - Join Kurt Swensen every Wednesday for an all new episode.
We are a self supported broadcast that could use and would appreciate your donation if you find what we do helpful to your healing process. Please click here to contribute.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 209
This week on ORS radio I respond to a couple of listener’s question.
- “Personal Retreats” what to do and what not to do.
- What the Monk said to Paul………..
- Keeping it simple.
- Don’t worry about “the plan.”
- The fear and anxiety of being alone with yourself.
- More about feelings and how “I don’t have them.”
- “You get me” and the magic that follows.
- Patterns and cycles in our life and how and why they repeat until we heal the initial trauma.
- Much gratitude to all of you who said “Happy Birthday.”
Online Recovery Support – Episode 208
Gene is our hero!! This is our Four Year Birthday!
- Chemical Dependency and Codependency.
- A review/reminder of The Four Agreements.
- Standing in your Honor, Honesty, and Integrity.
- Listening to our Inner Voice.
- Blueberry vodka + BMW = DUII.
- “Talkaholics” are avoiding something deeply painful.
- The Quiet vs. the noise.
Thanks to all for an incredible four years!
Online Recovery Support – Episode 207
- My gratitude to Elizabeth for her contribution.
- The truth, your truth, Universal truth, my truth, a truth, or……….
- Blame and “You are making me choose, or forcing me to lie”
- “I am” statements.
- How do I know when I am doing the “right” thing.
- Repetition of themes in our lives.
- Our work is in the challenge.
- The long term effects of violence and abuse.
- How our body remembers.
- The “Ultimate Skeptic” converts.
- Blessing to my friend Richard.
This and more on episode 207 with my gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 206
On this weeks episode I spend some time on codependency vs actual client/patient interest.
- Chemical dependency vs codependency!
- “I feel”……………. ????
- Be honest!!
- A review of our energetic footprint.
- How do I manage my energy.
- Embracing your pain.
- Change? Forgiveness, Letting Go? Don’t be mad………….
- How much do you want to change your life?
This and more on ORS 206 with my gratitude,
Online Recovery Support – Episode 205
- Thoughts on the bombing in Boston.
- The benefits of exercise on my recovery and my thanks to my brother for getting me started.
- Exercise only helps with the physical symptoms, you still need to treat the internal………..
- How loud does the message need to get?
- A review of the masculine and the feminine qualities present in all of us.
- Balance and harmony.
- Thanks to Dawn, Teresa, Matt, and Gene.
- Kurt gets mail.
- Gratitude and Grace.
This and more with my gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 204
- Last weeks show.
- The Power of the Human Body.
- Doing a “Trauma List.”
- What is trauma, what isn’t?
- Why do we have what we have and why do we do what we do?
- What happens when we “shut down”.
- Inna Segal
- The Power of essential oils.
- The pain and trauma of abuse.
- The limits of the human system.
This and more on episode 204 of ORS Radio.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 203
Chris James returns to the background.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 202
Isabelle’s “Happy Dreams.”
- The impact from the accumulation of trauma in our lives.
- Anxiety, panic, and how our bodies “talk” to us.
- We manifest “symptoms” so we can heal (if we are willing) as there are no accidents.
- Listen to the message.
- Claiming our life and our space.
- How loud does the message need to get?
- Much gratitude to Elizabeth for her contribution and support of the show.
- Owning our own “stuff”.
- A review of feeling statements.
- Blame, and making up stories and being unable to successfully express myself.
This and more on episode 202 of ORS Radio with my gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 201
Thanks to Dawn for her contribution to this weeks show and her “creative” celebration of our 200th show.
This week I talk about Brene Brown’s interview with Oprah on this weeks Super Should Sunday show.
- Shame, vulnerability, and courage.
- We are hardwired for Love, not shame.
- Vulnerability is not a weakness.
- Being honest with myself.
- Being tough vs. being real, without fear.
- Don Miguel Ruiz and “domestication.”
- Don’t let anyone tell you how to feel.
- Vulnerability is the gateway to joy.
- Letting go of fear and old tapes.
This and more on episode 201!!
Online Recovery Support – Episode 200
Episode 200 celebrates almost four years of gratitude for being able to share the message of hope to so many. It is an honor and a privilege to do what I do, I love it!!
I mention a few of you who have been so integral because you provide me the information, energy, inspiration, and support to continue to do the show. Your questions are the answers sometimes………
- How do I know whats right, then find clarity?
- How do we “get it right?”
- “The still small voice.”
- When and what do I need to share?
- When and if you think you are “done”.
- A reminder of The Four Agreements. Barbara Marciniak, Wayne Dyer, Eckhart Tolle, Joel Goldsmith.
- Living the 12 steps.
- The incredible work of Brene Brown and the power of Vulnerability.
- “This resonates vs. this is uncomfortable.”
- My “limits.”
- If we don’t stretch, we don’t grow.
To all of you who follow and support the show, my deepest thanks. I look forward to many more shows and continued growth and healing for all.
Much Love, Kurt