Online Recovery Support Podcast - Join Kurt Swensen every Wednesday for an all new episode.
We are a self supported broadcast that could use and would appreciate your donation if you find what we do helpful to your healing process. Please click here to contribute.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 272
More on the work of Viktor Frankl.
- Sharing the message of recovery with others while maintaining healthy boundaries.
- Drinking in recovery from opiates? NOT recommended.
- Our fear, resistance, and avoidance of pain.
- A review of the body mind connection, and some examples of our bodies ability to heal itself (if we allow it.)
- Making space for the expansion of our consciousness.
- Our capacity for Loving, and being Loved.
- Worthiness and Self Love.
This and more @ www.kurtswensen.com or, subscribe through ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 271
On this weeks show we visit the work of Viktor Frankl and the “Fish Head Soup” story.
- Congratulations to Scott and his amazing journey navigating “the system” while remaining in recovery.
- A réponse to a listeners comment/question about how to help those who may not want help.
- A revisiting of “Raising the Bottom”.
- When to help, when not to.
- What happens when we let go of the attempt to control another persons behavior.
- “Quit telling me what to do!!” People get better when they are ready, not when we want them to.
- A reminder about Course in Miracles and The Presence Process.
Download @ www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe through ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 270
Celexa and Lexapro, side effects include sleeping 20 hours a day!! A short story about same.
- Antidepressants as a way of “checking out”?
- A retelling of “The Bedwetting Story”.
- Its all about Love!!
- More on “external validation” and the Love of Self. (A continuation from last weeks show)
- Healthy role models and getting our needs met, appropriately.
- Settling for less.
- YOU are a Spiritual being……….. and more than you think.
- The wall of Narcissism and, letting “things” define me.
- Another installment of “Dean speaks”.
Download @ www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe @ iTunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 269
Validation External vs.Internal. Where does it come from? Myself or my environment?
- Where do I “do” my work?
- Becoming my own source of goodness and abundance in my life.
- Am I needy?
- The story of Kurt getting “fired” by Larry
- My “unmet” needs.
- Our Inner Guidance. Listen or ???
- A short talk about “parenting” an adult.
- A recovery story from jail.
- More on ego’s and vulnerability.
Download @www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe through ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 268
On this weeks show I share another personal story of healing and revisit “asking for help.”
- A few words about CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and its usefulness in recovery work.
- Managing feelings that surface after years of repression.
- Listening to the language of your body.
- Living our life, our truth.
- Learning “tools” for expression.
Download episode 268 @ www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe through iTunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 267
Happy Birthday and much gratitude to our good friend Stuart!!
Congratulations also to another awesome friend, Gene.
Thanks to Gene a gift from Gene we spend some time on a book called Refuge Recovery by Noah Levine that examines recovery fem a Buddhistr perspective.
- Another benzodiazepine warning story.
- A personal, emotional, and “real” story from Kurt’s life.
- “Triggers” and the “Messengers” in our life.
- How we insulate ourselves from pain.
- Kurt violates a couple of The Four Agreements.
This and more, with our gratitude for all your support.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 266
On episode 264 we revisit a question about love and support and define what is deeply being given me to do.
- Being supportive without becoming codependent.
- My needs vs. their needs.
- “I’m so sorry.” Why??
- People are often (if not always) in our lives as messengers.
- Suffering as a gateway to healing.
- Self loathing.
- Searching and Fearless inventory.
- Accepting love with Grace and humility.
Thank you for all the wellness wishes and support.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 265
ORS celebrates 5 years of producing this show, and starts with a special thanks to our good friend Gene!!
- Reflections on some of our work over the years.
- Thanks to Lesley, a few words about Julia Ingram www.juliaingram.com and her new book Born Scared.
- More on Responsibility and Commitment in recovery.
- “I don’t want to be uncomfortable.”
- Multidimensional healing.
- Would you like to slow down, or are you ready to quit?
- “I’m sorry” Its a love thing.
- A real story about “needing” love.
Thank you for an amazing five years!!
Online Recovery Support – Episode 264
This week on episode 264…….
Thanks to an email I received we spend some time talking about Pregnancy in Recovery and some of the issues that can come up during this eventful time.
- Alcoholic/addict “traits”
- More on worthiness.
- What am I “letting go” of?
- Trusting inthe process.
- Relapse prevention planners.
- RESPONSIBILITY!! Do your work, I’ll own mine, then……..Let go
This and more on ORS 264 with our gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 263
I devote this weeks show to “The Language of Recovery”.
Its a show I’ve wanted to do for a long time but until now, didn’t feel confident of the words I wanted to use. Hopefully this translates to a meaningful recovery message that “feels” right, and ultimately contributes to our overall healing process. Your feedback is welcomed as I’m already thinking about “part two.”
Thank you for the continued support and for being a part of an increasingly large online community. Many thanks!!
Subscribe through iTunes or download at www.kurtswensen.com