Online Recovery Support Podcast - Join Kurt Swensen every Wednesday for an all new episode.
We are a self supported broadcast that could use and would appreciate your donation if you find what we do helpful to your healing process. Please click here to contribute.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 280
- A review of Tramadol and its use in pain management and some misunderstandings about its addictive potential. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol
- Tramadol is referred to as an atypical opioid, so use caution when withdrawing.
- A quick mention of the frequent mistake in mis-prescribing Toradol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketorolac, instead of Tramadol.
- Spirituality “vs.” Religion. Some of the differences between the two in recovery work.
- Prayer or meditation. What’s the difference?
- Being angry at religion and missing some great recovery concepts.
- Another awesome show on Showtime that does a great job honoring recovery, abuse, trauma, and denial. Check out Ray Donovan!! http://www.sho.com/sho/ray-donovan/home
- More on “Letting go.”
- This and more on episode 280 with our gratitude.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 279
This weeks show is a little different than usual. Not our typical “dependency recovery” show, more of what happens in “real life.”
- What is “given me to do?” Distinguishing the difference while incorporating recovery concepts.
- Practicing staying out of our egos and not judging others.
- Lifelong wounding and the residual scaring.
- Staying out of other peoples journey.
- Using the 12 steps in all areas of our lives.
- “Perfection” exists even when we can’t seem to find it. What to do?
- More benefits of meditating.
- Listening to whats in the silence.
- More about sugar in the recovering persons diet.
This and more on episode 279 with our thanks.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 278
On this weeks show we start with a brief review of the ER4YT blood type diet. http://www.dadamo.com This is one of my favorite health related books.
- A short story about the many of the lives that have been lost to alcoholism since I graduated from high school.
- Repeat “treatment” experiences.
- The fear of getting help.
- Some “Intimacy” definitions and misunderstandings.
- More on intimacy and vulnerability and a reminder to check out Brene Brown’s material.
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Expectations and judgment.
- Be real!!
- This and more on this weeks show.
Download @ www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe @ ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 277
On this weeks show we start with a warning about a relative new medication called Zohydro, which is time release hydrocodone.
- One detox or two? A short review of subutex, suboxone, buprenorphine.
- Ayahuasca. Spiritual journey? Abusable? Getting high? Is it safe?
- Marcus and LSD.
- DMT, Dimethyltryptamine.
- Listen to your body!
- The “cold and flu season”. Remember, “Thoughts become things.”
Subscribe at ITunes or download at www.kurtswensen.com
Online Recovery Support – Episode 276
On this weeks show…….
- Coincidence, serendipity. or???? What’s real in our lives?
- Are you willing to deeply and profoundly trust in someone else, or, in life itself?
- Living in the flow of life.
- What’s hidden in our life that we don’t see but is there just the same. What are we missing because we are not trusting?
- More on catastrophic thinking and auto pilot disaster programming that most of us have grown up with.
- My new addiction and wondering if recovery is really possible. Popsicles??
- Are “rules” real, or do we just make them up?
- “It”, no matter what “it” is, always works out. We don’t know how, but if stay patient it always comes.
Subscribe at iTunes or download at www.kurtswensen.com
Online Recovery Support – Episode 275
On this weeks show a quick reminder about www.portland detox.com and finding help in general no matter where you live.
- More on Robin Williams and the different diagnoses and feelings about his and our pain and discomfort. When we hurt, we hurt.
- We all seek to be loved, a lover, or love itself. Some different perspectives onfeeling love.
- Happy Birthday!! and much gratitude to our supporters.
- Relapse, and the use of antidepressants to avoid feelings. Some perspective on how antidepressants (while helpful at times) can also interfere with our healing steps and simply, feeling.
This and more on ORS 275!!
Subscribe at iTunes or download at www.kurtswensen.com
Online Recovery Support – Episode 274
The majority of this weeks show is devoted to the life and passing of Robin Williams, his struggles with chemicals, and the incredibly complex and often misunderstood, Bipolar disorder.
Some step work review, and, “Where do I find my truth?”
This and more on ORS 274.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 273
On this weeks show we look at The Root of the Problem in another episode of “Dean Speaks.”
- My gratitude to our friend Angie for her contribution and support.
- Turning down the noise in our minds.
- Interested in Meditation candles? Contact Teresa @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- More examples of people doing what they Love……..
- Centering ourselves in our bodies prior to mediating.
- Listening to The Still Small Voice .
Download @ www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe through iTunes.
Many thanks to all!!
Online Recovery Support – Episode 272
More on the work of Viktor Frankl.
- Sharing the message of recovery with others while maintaining healthy boundaries.
- Drinking in recovery from opiates? NOT recommended.
- Our fear, resistance, and avoidance of pain.
- A review of the body mind connection, and some examples of our bodies ability to heal itself (if we allow it.)
- Making space for the expansion of our consciousness.
- Our capacity for Loving, and being Loved.
- Worthiness and Self Love.
This and more @ www.kurtswensen.com or, subscribe through ITunes.
Online Recovery Support – Episode 271
On this weeks show we visit the work of Viktor Frankl and the “Fish Head Soup” story.
- Congratulations to Scott and his amazing journey navigating “the system” while remaining in recovery.
- A réponse to a listeners comment/question about how to help those who may not want help.
- A revisiting of “Raising the Bottom”.
- When to help, when not to.
- What happens when we let go of the attempt to control another persons behavior.
- “Quit telling me what to do!!” People get better when they are ready, not when we want them to.
- A reminder about Course in Miracles and The Presence Process.
Download @ www.kurtswensen.com or subscribe through ITunes.